Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Stats

We're at 35 weeks and it's time for some Sunday Stats. I'm actually very pleased with this week's results.

Weight: 142 pounds
Waist: 41.5 inches.

So, in the past week and a half, my belly has grown half an inch and I've only gained half a pound! Woohoo! That puts my total weight gain at about 32 pounds. If I can keep my total weight gain less than or equal to 35 pounds, I'll be stoked. Since I think Baby is coming early, I think I have a good chance :)

So I think I finally felt a Braxton Hicks contraction the other day. Dave and I went downtown to pick up our BOB stroller (thanks again Mom and Big Ricky) from REI. Afterwards, we walked to a bookstore (The Tattered Cover) that was a decent walk... for a pregnant lady anyway. We hung out there for maybe 20 minutes then walked back. Right as we got back to the car I felt a little crampy and my belly was as hard as a rock. It was only for about a minute. Based on what I've read and what the midwives have told me, it sounds like it was a mini contraction... yay! It's perfectly normal for me to be having them; in fact, most women have already been feeling them for over a month, I just haven't noticed. I say "noticed", because even though I can't feel it, my uterus has been practicing contractions for quite awhile. Most women can feel them, but there are a few, like me, who never (or very rarely) feel them.

Well, that's all I've got for now. I've been working hard on setting up Baby's room. I'll share it with you guys once it's done!

(Sorry, no picture today)

No comments:

Post a Comment